The Morning after the Arrival

Started by Crystal Evans at Nov 03, 2020 2:43 PM
November 24, 2023
21 Posts

Crystal Evans

Shrapnel
?Years Young
26 Posts

"Mama's girl, Uncle's favorite Niece,Grandma's angel! And the Youngest Motorcycle Rider"

Crystal charged forwards towards the evil red-eyed monster and gave him a hug, which caused a change in him. The eyes turned blue and automatically he turned good and slowly she drifted off towards wakefulness. She yawned her eyes opened up revealing an unfamiliar room before her memory came quickly of arriving at the mansion, and meeting so many people, and making two friends, Dawn and Amp. Dawn she knew would be in her own room, while Amp was... She remembered where Amp went, and that she was in the room with her. “Amp? You awake?’ she asked softly, not wanting to scare her with her normal tone of voice so suddenly. She also didn’t like talking so loud in the mornings.

Amp had been kind to Crystal, willing to stay with her since this would be a new environment.  She knew her mother and Uncle Pyro would be nearby, of course, but something about being in Amp’s presence was calming to the ten-year-old. As her vision cleared, she soon spotted the blue small girl, yup she’d been there alright, such a sweet and kind person Amp was.

Amp

Amp
?Years Young
21 Posts

I loves all my Precious no matter what

The resident pixy was thrilled when Crystal accepted her offer to have a sleep over. Most new residents were older, and never took her up on the offer. When they first made it to her new room Amp had taken her on a tour of the space, pointing out all the obvious features and how they worked. She was also quick to point out that she could pick a different color for the wall if she didn’t like the existing color.

As bedtime struck Amp hummed a quiet tune to help Crystal fall asleep. Thankfully, Amp had a very gentle humming voice, which was the opposite of how she sang aloud. After Crystal fell asleep so did Amp, all nestled in her bright red locks. Unfortunately, Amp never stayed asleep for very long. He small body didn’t need a full night’s rest to recharge. Just an hour or two a couple times a day, depending on how busy she kept herself.

Hearing Crystal start to wake-up Amp flew over to the nightstand beside the bed and waited for Crystal to notice her. “Good Morning Shiny Precious. Did Precious sleep well?”

Crystal Evans

Shrapnel
?Years Young
26 Posts

"Mama's girl, Uncle's favorite Niece,Grandma's angel! And the Youngest Motorcycle Rider"

A smile formed on her metal lips at the sight of her first friend she’d made here. Amp had been very sweet to the younger girl, giving her a tour, but also a humming lullaby which had helped her to fall asleep without the worries she’d had before. At the little pixy’s question, the ten-year-old nodded with a small yawn. “Yup! Very well, thank you, did you sleep well too? Did you like it up on my head?’ she asked of her hoping that Amp had been comfortable up there.

She knew she’d been up there because she felt her, but when she woke up, she didn’t feel her there but was now on her nightstand. Crystal slipped out of bed, and carefully she made her bed, knowing her mother would not be happy if she left it messy.  Once that was done, she knew she could proceed to the next thing to do, but she hoped she still could spend time with Amp.

Amp

Amp
?Years Young
21 Posts

When Crystal noticed her Amp sat up on her legs, a little straighter than she had before. After asking her question Amp leaned forward slightly, hands clasped at her chest, as she awaited an answer. Hopeful that her new charge felt rested. Hearing a positive answer Amp’s wings fluttered with excitement, “It warms my heart that Precious slept well. Sleeps in a new place can be trixy to get. Sometime sleeps can be hard to find, cause they like hiding behind all the question marks floating in our heads. Lullabies make the question marks float away like puffy clouds on a spring breeze, so Precious can find all the sleeps.” Amp nodded to herself as her wings carried her into the air, floating just above where she had been sitting.

“I’s slept super good. Fairies, like me, sleep in nests. Hair makes the bestest nest, all warm, and lovely smelling,” as Amp explained her favorite sleep spots, she hugged herself tightly. “And is attached to Precious that I’s love. Is best way for me to sleep. Second best place is in the hood of a hoodie that a Precious wears on head. Cuddy Puppy had best hoodie sleep spot. Cuddly Puppy is always warm and soft,” she shared as she stroked invisible hairs on her forearm. As Crystal started making her bed Amp flew a little higher to make sure she was out of the way, and didn’t get caught up in the air currents shuffling blankets sometimes caused. “What does Precious do after bed is made?”

Crystal Evans

Shrapnel
?Years Young
26 Posts

Crystal nodded with a smile as Amp spoke of sleeping in a new place was hard. She knew that experience very well, though she wasn’t sure if Amp knew. “That’s true!” She said verbally to let her know she was right. “I had a hard time sleeping the first time mummy rescued me, but I got to cuddle with her, so that was nice,” she said.

Crystal soon learned something about Fairy society, in that they usually sleep in nests, and that hair made the best nest of all since it was warm and had a nice smell that Fairies liked.  She carefully filed this important piece of information to her memory. She wondered if her mother and Uncle Pyro knew.  She smiled when she was told that she loved being in hair with precious that she loved, and that it was the best way for her to sleep.

She soon learned that she also enjoyed sleeping in hoods too, and that Cuddly Puppy had the best hood sleep spot because he’s always warm and soft. Though she had a sneaking suspicion, she knew who was cuddly puppy, she still smiled. “That’s good! So Cuddly Puppy is that guy with fur, uh Lawrence, right?’ she asked her. “Oh, I have a Hoodie I sometimes wear, though I hope it will be comfortable for you,” She told her before she finished making her bed.

“Usually, I go have breakfast, because that’s very important, then I brush my teeth and have a shower so I am not stinky. I think mom or Uncle Pyro told me that there were people here with a super sense of smell so I don’t want them uncomfortable. “ She told her then added “what do you do after you wake up?’ she asked her wanting to know.

Amp

Amp
?Years Young
21 Posts

“Shiny Precious is correct. Cuddly Puppy’s other name is Lawrence,” nodding with approval as she smiled. Flying over to the bedroom door Amp floated nearby, ready to guide Crystal to breakfast once she was ready.

Pulling one of her long ponytails over her should, the fairy stroked the lavender strands, “does Amp using special names for all the precious confuse Shiny Precious?” Tipping her head to the side as she asked, pale yellow eyes focused on her young charge. “Amp understands if too many names is confusing for precious,” quickly reassuring Crystal that the fairy was perfectly happy to adjust their vocabulary to fit what every the newest resident needed to feel comfortable.

Crystal Evans

Shrapnel
?Years Young
26 Posts

Crystal smiled with pleasure at being correct in her assumptions. Though she had to admit, Amp’s nicknames were cute more than confusing.  Soon her bed was now neat and tidy, and she was on her way to rejoin Amp who will guide her to the next important thing.

“I’m just trying to make sense of the people I have met, “ She said though she soon felt bad that she might actually force Amp to change how she spoke. “But calling him cuddly puppy is cute!” she said with a smile as she followed Amp. “Oh... Do you have a special name or mummy and Uncle Pyro?’ She asked with a wider grin.

Amp

Amp
?Years Young
21 Posts

Amp continued to hover in the air, around Crystal's height, so they could both talk without careening their necks at an odd angle. The young girl hadn't really answered her question, but Amp felt no need to press her for an answer. So long as she knew the offer was there, that was the important part. It was one of those questions where the answer was open to be changed from moment to moment.

When Crystal asked after names for Shaali and Pyro Amp lowered her head, and clasped her hands together. It was very much the pose someone took who felt ashamed. "Amp did not do a good job of saying hello to all the new lovelies. Amp was so excited for Shiny Precious that I did not give hello's and loves to the others. Amp must meet lovelies before can give name. Does precious think other lovelies are sad and hurt that Amp did not greet them? Does Amp need to get apology gift for lovelies to not hate Amp?" When she asked about the apology gift, and the desire to make amends, Amp lifted her gaze to meet Crystal's. Worried that Crystal may be mad at her too for not giving proper hello's.

Crystal Evans

Shrapnel
?Years Young
26 Posts

Crystal blinked her eyes in surprise by Amp’s response to her question the realization that she might have upset Amp horrified her because Amp had been nothing but kind to her.  She knew that they must fix it, have Amp meet her mother and Pyro properly because the thought of their new special name would make her happy.  “I was excited to meet you too, Amp you are my first friend, before Dawn of course.  So not being able to meet someone as sweet and kind as you, might make another sad.”

She told her honestly “For me, I’d love a gift, though I don’t think they’d be mean and hate you,” she told her “Mummy and Uncle Pyro included, they are super nice.” She told her and smiled to show that she wasn’t mad at her.  Her mind soon went to a different topic, namely the fact that Amp was a Fairy, this was her chance to get some information.  “May Shiny Precious ask Sweet and Kind Precious questions?” She asked, wondering how Amp will react to a special name of her own. “You’re a Fairy, so I am curious” she confessed.  

Amp

Amp
?Years Young
21 Posts

Amp placed a thoughtful finger against her little pale blue chin as she attentively listened to the wisdom Crystal shared. "Do...they...like...glitter?" she asked in a drawn out way. Naturally Amp loved glitter, and while most adults she came across hated it, the optimistic fairy was always looking for those special exceptions to the rule. Any excuse to use the shiny product was a constant goal for the fairy. It didn't take long for most people in the school to avoid the "G" word whenever there was a chance that Amp could overhear.

She was a bit obsessed with it.

Amp already had her own sparkles, so when she used glitter it was in an attempt to give everyone else something she was born with. Never one to connect the notion that her sparkled disappeared on their own, where as glitter most certainly did not. It didn't matter how many times they tried to explain the pain of cleaning up glitter to the small creature, she'd just smile and say "Amp loves you" followed by a hug or cuddle. Most had a habit of giving up at that point.

"Of course Shiny Precious can ask Amp questions. Amp is good at answers. Amp is also good at making songs," she added with a nod. Perfectly perky and happy now.