14 Posts

Remy LeBeau

Gambit
?Years Young
8 Posts

"If I've learned anythin' about life it's this:

Always play the hand yer dealt.

My name is Gambit. And I play for keeps."

The next song wasn't to his liking. Too much pop not enough of the darker vibes. It wasn't that he hated it completely, simply had to be in the mood to want to stay for anything that didn't have a deeper bassline. Ignoring the pleas of his current dance partner he broke away, heading for the bar where uniquely coloured eyes searched for that rather sexy looking woman who'd served him earlier. When she spotted him, although she didn't want to seem too keen, it was obvious by the mere fact she came over straight away this particular customer was a charmer.

"Miss me, Mon Cher?" he asked, a card already pulled out and playing through partly gloved fingers.

"Maybe," she said, unable to help but at least glance at him.

"Now, now, Petite, be honest. You were sad when I left," despite everything, the young woman blushed a little, handing the Cajun his whiskey and proceeding to busy herself clearing some glasses nearby. Remy Etienne LeBeau, aka Gambit, knew he had that effect on women wherever he went and it was only a matter of time before he'd be taking at least one from this club back to his hotel room for the night.

Turning around on the stool and leaning back against the counter, he watched coloured neon patterns play across the throng of people on the dance floor. This wasn't his first visit to The Baby Falkyn, a club recommended to him by other members of the Thieves Guild, but it would certainly be his longest since his intention was to stay in New York for at least a week this time around. Reaching for his drink, he took a sip, glancing at the Ace of Spades in his hand. It began to glow a reddish-purple around the edges of both the image and the card itself, the same colour appearing in eyes of red on black. Gambit didn't much care if anyone saw it. Most of them were so drunk or high they'd likely just think it was part of the nightclub's light show as a whole.

He looked up when the familiar sound of Cybernetika began to play, turning his gaze to look at the lovely redhead still working as close to him as the other patrons would allow. Raising his voice to be heard over the music, he said, "Come find me when yo' shift be over, Mon Cheri," pushing his glass towards her and sliding off the chair, his body already starting to move to the darker beat.

She watched him longingly, black trenchcoat accentuating a body she already knew was extremely nice to look at beneath. Feeling a tap on her shoulder, she looked at her fellow employee, one of her closest friends. "Mmmhmm Kylie, yep, now that is a man," she agreed.

"This shift needs to be over already. He asked me to come and look for him when I'm finished," she said, green eyes glinting with anticipation.

"I'm afraid a guy like that isn't the one woman type," her friend warned.

Kylie shrugged. "I don't care. I mean, just..." her attention went back to Remy on the dancefloor. "Out of everyone here he's picked me..." she shook her head from the thoughts now going through her mind. "Even just one night with someone like him will be totally worth it."

Lied Nova

Speeding Hawk
?Years Young
20 Posts

Within the lofty perch that she called her office. The manager and owner of the nightclub, lied watched and stared intently down at the Nightclub. Up there she had a good view of everything, and what she couldn’t see had cameras so she needn’t worry. As she watched The patrons dance and enjoy themselves, she actually contemplated calling her Wolfman, her lover, and seeing if he was interested in dancing, or had moves he could show off. She continued watching with eyes like the Hawk she named herself after.

It was true, the others would have been too drunk or intoxicated to notice a card glowing, but she did. Her eyes narrowed as she tried to get a better view of this particular show, before she smiled, ”That’s not one of ours, ‘ she said to no one at all, with her knowledge of the items at her nightclub, glowing cards weren’t one of them. That could only mean one thing, this guy was a mutant like she was.

Lied turned to her desk and grabbed the covering for her Talon ended limb, before she Pushed it on. Now that it was secure over her hand, she tied the straps around it and covered it up before she got up from her seat. Lied glanced over towards her pet, the sounds from the Nightclub proper wasn’t allowed to enter the area, so her pet wasn’t bothered by it. She fed her pet its appropriate, but a favorite treat. “Eat up my baby, I’m going down to see a newcomer,” she told it, and in response, it only shrieked before she left her office and made her way down the hall, then down the stairs.

Her emergence at the bottom of the stairs did have a great effect because word quickly spread to all of the employees. The message was clear, the boss was out of the Office, and that could be a good thing, or a bad thing, then again, it could be a good thing because a guest had caught her attention.

Behind her shades, she scanned her nightclub until she spotted the man she had seen before. Her eyes trailed to where he had been before. She made a mental note to check inventory later before she moved towards the counter.

Maxwell Lawton

Maximus Lobo
?Years Young
6 Posts

Though he would much prefer a back alley brawl or an extended hunting trip deep in the forests, there were some occasions when the corporate battlefield could prove just as satisfying. Take earlier this day for instance, when a few high ranking members of the board and a number of shareholders decided to finally enact their plans to force a change of management over 'mismanagement of this fine company' and 'tarnishing the legacy of the great man that was your father'. While it would have been tempting to shift to his lycanthropic form and rip the whole lot of them to shreds, perhaps after explaining the higher purpose of Lobo Technologies, in that it was bankrolling the Brotherhood of Mutants that would have been...foolhardy.

In the end, it had taken some less viscerally appealing but ultimately satisfying application of wit, charm, intellect, business savvy and most of all strategically gathered intelligence, i.e blackmail material. It was all relatively bloodless in the end, a few resignations and redistribution of shares and the satisfaction nobody would be attempting to jostle for the alpha position for a very long time. Even better, it gave him the opportunity and excuse to enact something he'd been planning for a while and a nice gift for his beloved.

Only trouble was it did stir the bloodlust, leave the inner wolf a little restless and the old predatory instincts weren't entirely satisfied. Ideally, he'd be heading off into the deep forests somewhere and hunt down a few elk or maybe a grizzly bear, or stalk the back alleys for some lowlife criminal, someone who preyed on the weak, someone he wouldn't have to feel guilty about afterwards. Tracking down a certain feral Canadian and going the latest round of knocking seven bells out of each other would be ideal. Sadly now wasn't really the time.

Instead, Maxwell Lawton made his way to the Baby Falkyn Nightclub where he had a standing VIP invitation anytime he wanted, thanks to a close relationship with the manager. This was her domain, his beloved Queen of the Skies, Lied Nova, the only one whom he could truly consider his equal and whom he'd learnt a good few things regarding finances. She'd carefully acquired her fortune over the years, built up this nightclub as her personal domain and profited immensely. Now, if she was to accept his gift, she'd also have a full twenty per cent stock in Lobo Technologies, the largest shareholder after himself.

Arriving at the front entrance, Lobo gave a wolfish grin to the bouncer as he was waved in, drawing a few askance looks from a few patrons waiting their turn to gain entrance. He wasn't exactly dressed like an executive right now, only too happy to discard his tailored suit and tie, for the ease and comfort of a plain black T-shirt and some slightly tattered jeans. If he could have gotten away with it, he'd probably be barefoot and as it was, several hours since he'd last shaved and already there was almost enough stubble to constitute a beard. He likely looked the part of a werewolf now, even if just a Larry Talbot style wolfman without even shifting, but at least he felt himself.

Inside the nightclub proper, Lobo paused and sniffed the air to catch the familiar scent of his beloved, paused when he caught another unfamiliar scent, faint tang of...hmm, put him in mind of...he could fancy some Gumbo right now. Definitely a mutant scent, male at that and not one he'd encountered before so it would bear checking out.

His keen eyes spotted a momentary glow, a subtle purple flare from near the counter and sure enough, that was the source of the scent. Slipping into a stealthy hunter's approach, Lobo slipped quietly between dancing patrons, keeping instinctively to the shadows and slowly, steadily approaching his intended quarry. Not that he intended hostility, just exercising his curiosity though an unknown, a potential source of trouble in his paramour's domain, that could bring the wolf out.

He was almost distracted when a very familiar scent caught his nose and told him that Lied was out of her office, likely with similar intent though he was steadily approaching, the quarry having left the counter and it seemed dancing to a rather appealing beat. Good taste in tunes at least, since he was fond of that group himself. Still, the music served to cover any sound made by the quiet tread of his boots, as he circled around to approach the man, easily making him out now, a brief glimpse of unusual coloured eyes, a distinguishing mark of a mutant, perhaps. Just like where his hairline didn't quite hide the slight point to his ears, the shaggy brows or his unusually prominent canines.

Maxwell let himself come into view, slightly crooked grin that bared his canines only slightly too much, blue-green eyes apparently relaxed though keeping watch for any sudden moves, nostrils twitching slightly as he sniffed the air. He'd heard the man speak as he'd approached, Louisiana accent, likely he'd speak French, one of the languages he was fluent in and...hey might as well keep himself from getting rusty.

"Bonjour, mes ami," Maxwell greeted the man, his voice a low steely purr, just a hint of a Wisconsin accent in his French. Hmm, Lied was getting close, so keep him engaged just until she got here and damn, he'd almost forgotten the gift he had for her.

Lied Nova

Speeding Hawk
?Years Young
20 Posts

The Queen of the skies was making her way over to Remy when she was distracted by a minor issue by one of her assistants. The issue had taken some time to deal with, so on her return, she discovered that her original quarry was dancing, but a very familiar, and also very much a beloved man was with him. She found herself grinning at the sight of her man talking to the one she had caught sight of previously. She turned to her assistant and made sure that her lover’s favorite drink was ready for him when he was ready to drink.

The song that played was recognized by her, having been on a special list she had set up for her Nightclub. She had liked the song when she heard it the first time, but she couldn’t help but wonder, did her Wolfman enjoy it as well?

She soon made her approach to the men, She heard Lobo speaking to him, and she could recognize the French language spoken. She hadn’t heard the man speak, so she didn’t know his accent, thus she just assumed that the guy was French, it wouldn’t surprise her that there were Tourists in here, they paid just as well as anyone, as far as she was concerned. Lobo, she knew would be able to detect her by scent, it was likely he knew the moment she stepped out of her office. Sadly, the need to make sure her office was soundproofed made it impossible for her scent to be detected when she was in there.

Her office phone would have likely buzzed to let her know Lobo had arrived if she hadn’t gone down. Her hand gently touched Lobo’s back, caressing it as she moved to stand beside him. “Darling, I see you have discovered our potential new friend.” She told him, her voice full of affection for her man, it was so unmistakable. If it had been true, that he was indeed French, she would let Lobo translate for her. Of course, she didn’t know she was wrong.

Remy LeBeau

Gambit
?Years Young
8 Posts

There was something sensual and hypnotic about the atmosphere on the dancefloor, Gambit soon completely lost among the crowd. He didn’t have to worry about the motives of his fellow dancers. Not the taller man swaying back and forth nearby nor the very attractive brunette, whom he just happened to fall into dancing with so close behind their bodies were by now moving almost as one. They all had the same wish as him, to forget about their lives even if it was just for a moment.

If there was one thing he had learnt being a member of The Thieves Guild over the years it was to never take his attention off his surroundings entirely, catching the movement of someone closing in on him in his peripheral. The Cajun made no attempt to show that he was aware of this, however, continuing to seem as if he was entirely mesmerised by the music accompanied by a light show that would occasionally light up the faces of everyone on the nightclub proper.

"Bonjour, mes ami," red-on-black eyes looked up to catch the gaze of the barefooted man, caution levels already rising as to how it was he would even know to address him in such a way. Tipping his hat with one partly gloved finger, Remy said, “Cela dépend de qui parle et de ce que vous voulez de moi, mon ami (Depends on who is talking and what it is you want from me, my friend)?” the warning in his tone clear.

Truth be told, Maxwell wasn't disappointed that his stealthy approach had been noticed, or that he was so evidently weary while giving no outward indication of showing it. He was good, no immediate tells outside of his scent, as the feral mutant reflexively sniffed the air. Still, he couldn't help being a little playful, just to see how the man would react, get his measure as it were.

Yawning slightly, giving a brief display of sharp canines, Maxwell quirked a shaggy brow, replying this time in English, "Hmm, figured you were Cajun. You can call me Lawton or Lobo, and let's just say I've caught your scent in here before, the first time I've seen you so thought I'd satisfy my curiosity. As for where we take this, down to you really," he finished, tone slightly rougher than before, wolf closer to the surface.

It was Lied's scent, her approach across the dance floor that felt him visibly relax, almost imperceptibly shifting and almost it would seem, forgetting the previous target of his attention. Not that he was taking his eyes off the other guy for a moment, even if it was just out of his peripheral vision, just letting him make the first move.

The appearance of a beautiful woman and her reiteration of calling him their friend only served to prove to Gambit he had been singled out for a reason, booted feet taking a simple step away from his dance partner in an attempt to give himself room to move should it become necessary. Keen gaze soon noticed the woman he had chosen to take home that night approach them, holding out a tray of three drinks. Kylie had taken the initiative to prepare him another whiskey when she had noticed who exactly it was her boss had been so interested in as to make an appearance.

“Your drinks, Miss Nova, Mr Lawton, and Mr?” she looked at the man who’d already made it clear his intentions for her, hoping he would have the good sense to follow through and thus not make things any more tense than it had to be.

Unfortunately for her, Gambit was not going to fall for that one. “I not be askin’ for another drink,” he simply said, reaching for it. “But I will take it, nonetheless” his gaze falling and remaining on Lied for that little bit too long. “I must say, Cheri, if it was not already clear you be taken, I would find it more difficult to settle on just the one Amor tonight."

It may have seemed he was being jovial, friendly even but he was poised. Ready for even the slightest chance that yet again someone was about to try and make him pay for many a past and even current transgression.

Feeling Lied's hand on his back, a soft rumble of a growl bubbled in Maxwell’s throat, equivalent of a purr as she'd know, and she would have felt the knot of muscle in his back relax under her touch. "Yes, my sweet raptor, though emphasis on the potential," he said, a little more softly, remembering why he was here, to begin with.

The drink brought by the waitress, Kylie he remembered was accepted with a nod of thanks, drunk down in one gulp, though the alcohol was barely a buzz. In any case, he was snapped back to full awareness, when the other guy spoke up and if it wasn't for the fact he wouldn't be the one to start the fight in Lied's nightclub, though it didn't stop him from giving a full wolfish grin.

"Huh, he's rather pretty, isn't he? Got some presence to him, so what do you think Lied? Reckon he'd keep up with us in our fun and games? Could be a good sparring partner."

He paused, scratched his chin, "Ah right, there was something, work-related, big day at the office and...let's just say I've got a present for you."

Lied’s lips curled upwards into that of a smile, as she stood beside her man, and heard that sound that came from her beloved. She felt the knot of muscles that she was very familiar with relaxing at her touch. This pleased her because she liked her man relaxed as Ferals' anger could potentially cause problems, especially in a crowded place like this. Though she had no problems with killing, she preferred her Nightclub to be off-limits to such activities.

The other man spoke, and she was surprised to hear him speaking English. She smirked at his words and how overly confident this man appeared to be. The audacity of his words amused her that he actually thought that if she hadn’t been clearly taken, that he thought he could bring her home tonight.

She smiled at Kylie, and took her own drink, and watched the reactions of her companions, her Wolfman, accepting a drink and downing it like it was nothing, while the other man, initially saying he hadn’t been asking for one, but he would anyways.

She turned to Lobo and smiled. “I suppose, but there is, of course, one man, you know very well, that I think of as the shining star, my Handsome Wolf,” she told him, then laughed. “If he can keep up, I’ll be impressed,” she told him, then his next words caught her attention. “Oh? A surprise for me? Well, then I think we should head to someplace quieter.” she told him, then turned to look at Remy. “Would you like to join us? I admit I have some specific questions I wished to ask you.”

Looks could always be deceiving. How a person presented themselves on the outside was never the key factor in deciding whether they were indeed a threat to him. The air of superiority surrounding this couple, how they spoke to him and the deliberate signs they were giving away to show they may very well share something in common, only gave Remy more pause for thought. A human assassin sent could easily be handled. Mutants, on the other hand, depending on what exactly they were capable of presented a whole different deck of cards and there was no way he was going to go off into some dark backroom to be alone with two people who addressed each other as raptor and wolfman.

It would give them far too many advantages; no witnesses, outnumbering him, and it was clear by the way the employees reacted, Remy was finally able to put a face to the mention of the nightclub's owner he'd only ever heard about in passing. Her boyfriend most likely knew every level of this building inside and out too, Gambit not naïve enough to believe he could ever take them down on their home turf, nor was he any longer so indifferent that he did not care who possibly got caught in the crossfire.

“As tempting as the offer be, Mon Cher, this Cajun needs to be going,” and with that said, he backed up, turned and slipped into the cover of the crowd, heading for the same back entrance he’d used to enter the premises only hours earlier. If they were serious about him possibly becoming their sparring partner, surely they would not be letting him get all the way up the alleyway so easily.

Maxwell Lawton

Maximus Lobo
?Years Young
6 Posts

Nostrils twitched, Maxwell sniffing the air and not overly surprised that if anything he could read more caution and weariness in the Cajun man's scent, almost rising by the second. He very much doubted that the man would have been foolish enough to decide to join them, probably was assessing the situation and the potential threat posed by them, weighing up his options and likely looking for a way out of here. Sensible really, the man plainly wasn't a fool and potentially might be a worthy adversary or ally.

"Somehow I don't think he's up for a little ménage a troi," he quipped with an arched brow, sidelong glancing as the Cajun man went ahead and turned down the offer, looking to back up and head out of there. Most likely looking to use the back entrance, probably the same way he came back in.

"Okay, see ya Frenchie," Maxwell said, and waited a few moments to make sure the man was just out of earshot before leaning in to whisper directly in Lied's ear. He might be about to give something of the surprise away but if they were a little distracted he didn't want to forget entirely.

"Shareholder meeting, tried to force me out, turned the tables, few vacancies and twenty per cent shares to be redistributed. Tell you the rest later," he glanced briefly away, to where the Cajun was already in the cover of the crowd.

"Reckon he'll be heading for the back way out, probably reckons we won't let him get that far. Not about to disappoint the guy, so let the games begin." he gave Lied a quick kiss on the cheek.

Once again, silently and stealthily, slipping into the crowd as easily as the Cajun albeit, by predatory feral instinct rather than training, Maxwell sniffed the air again to catch his scent, a broad grin bearing his canines as he anticipated letting him get just to the alleyway so there was some privacy and less risk of bystanders getting caught up, or property damage to his loves nightclub.

Despite what the Cajun might think, this was very much a game for Maxwell, just as much as those he might play with Logan, even if he proved enough of a challenge he took it up a notch and let the wolf out. Though he'd remember, pull his punches and that humans could break too easily sometimes, a mistake he'd made in the past. If it meant he took a few unnecessary licks, that's what a healing factor was for and anyway, this would be fun.

Lied hadn’t intended to make it sound like she was interested in bedding the both of them. She wanted to learn about his powers in peace and quiet where they wouldn’t be overheard by anyone. Perhaps he wasn’t as interested in showing them his? She didn’t know, but she will soon find out she hoped. Of course, there was another idea she could propose if her man agreed to it. If his powers were destructive, she could offer a place with the Brotherhood, she was sure Magneto wouldn’t mind that right?

She turned her head as Maxwell whispered into her ear. Her lips turned up into a grin, glad that the humans had failed in their attempt at forcing him out of his place of business. Her Maxwell was always a quick and crafty man, and now because of their failed attempt, those fools had lost their job. Wait for 20 per cent to be redistributed? Where was that going to be? A thought had occurred to her, but they had to catch a man. Maxwell certainly did love the game.

She smiled as she was given a quick kiss on her cheek. She watched as he too left before she headed back to her office where she removed her glove covering. “Sorry Torque, I’ll be going out, don’t worry, I’ll be back,” she said before she changed and a human-sized bird of prey stood where she did. She soon shrunk down and left out of her outside window. If the Cajun had gotten out she’d see him, then she’d alert her man to his direction and go after him.

She really hoped that the Game would make this guy use his powers so she could see them at work. She was quick, she could dodge she was certain.

Remy LeBeau

Gambit
?Years Young
8 Posts

Gambit was the best at what he did. Among the elite of the Thieves Guild. Not many could match his skills using his favorite weapon of choice, the silver Bo Staff he was already reaching for, minimized and hidden in his trench coat. Maybe he wouldn’t need it. That he very much doubted. He was a formidable opponent, trained by a mentor he would forever look up to. Yet, living amongst those who could turn on you in an instant had taught him even he had to be careful who he chose to go up against. There were many others out there who were masters of other forms of combat. Add being a mutant to that, and Remy knew when to make a swift exit from the situation.

Then there was that part of him that loved the idea of seeing just what these two feral mutants were capable of. It had gotten him into trouble many a time, particularly when he was younger. Still, it would be interesting to see if he could take these two and if he found himself being overwhelmed he could always just use a massive kinetic explosion to escape.

Oui, dis be true, but wha’ if it has non affect, Mon ami? he thought. Wha’ if these be the mutants that finally end it?

And, there was the fear. He would be crazy never to let himself feel it. It kept him on his toes, reminded him to remain forever vigilant, especially when he was on his own without any of those still loyal with him to watch his back.

Moving out and passing the dumpsters at the back of the kitchen, red-on-black eyes glanced around at the door. Nothing yet, but he could feel it was only a matter of time, pressing the button to extend the Bo Staff to its full length, twisting it once and then letting it rest by his side. There was no glow flowing through it yet but there was a reddish-purple color playing around the edges of the cards he held in his other hand.

Maxwell Lawton

Maximus Lobo
?Years Young
6 Posts

There were many who could claim to be the best at what they did, some of whom could back that up in deeds as well as words, always ready to prove themselves continuously. In the case of Maximus Lobo, he was of what he referred to as the Dominant Species, the strongest of all feral mutants, the alpha and the biggest badass wolf there was, even if he did have a few strong contenders like a certain scrappy little hairy Canadian badger fellow, or an overgrown poorly groomed Thundercats reject that might disagree. Still, that was the fun of it, fight, again and again, tear each other to pieces, almost literally on occasion, heal up and go at it again another day.

Still, he was being stealthy, keeping himself in the shadows and stepping cautiously making barely any sound, and his senses alert for the slightest noise or shift in scent. While he very much doubted he'd manage to get the drop on the Cajun, it didn't hurt to try and if he could pull it off against someone whom he was starting to suspect was supremely talented, well that was major bragging rights. Already he was aware that Lied would be in the air in her other form, just as he was here on the ground in the alley, though as yet he wasn't shifted.

Well, that wasn't entirely true, his canine teeth were perhaps a little more prominent, eyebrows a little shaggier and his arms positively furry, while the thick stubble was more of full beard now. He wasn't fully wolf though, barely more than a Lon Chaney style wolf-man, and his senses just a little sharper, a little more strength in his muscles and a little more feral in his thoughts, but it was just a notch, not letting the wolf fully out, not unless it was necessary.

It was on some level serious, the intent being to test the newcomer and gauge his abilities, see just how worthy a prospective opponent he might be or alternatively how useful an ally. A little playful roughhousing but nothing too serious, at least not letting himself get too carried away when it was doubtful his opponent had a healing factor. Well, if the unlikely happened, he had one himself so he wasn't worried about getting hurt. Though if he was, Lied might not be so forgiving which could turn out badly for the guy.

He got the scent now strong and clear, a mixture of wariness, anticipation, maybe a smidgen of battle lust and just the very slight tint of fear, the man being ready for a fight and well, he just might be worthy.

Maxwell made his decision, deciding to drop the pretence of approaching stealthily and instead approach more openly.

"You're thinking this is going to be a fight am I right? Not like you're going to trust my intent, as you made clear back there, so don't expect you'll much believe me when I say I'm here to talk," Lobo addressed the Cajun man, gaze focused on the reddish-purple glow.

"I mean if you did want to fight, could be fun, see which of us is the alpha, which of us will show throat first? I admit, I'm kinda curious to see what you can do with those cards, whether it would just tickle or blow me right out of my boots," Lobo gave a broad grin.

"Believe it or not though, making you bleed, not my desire, though been a bit of a day, letting off steam with a little roughhousing would be good," Lobo chuckled a growling chuckle.

"Though I can't say I'd speak for my raptor. She takes it more seriously, plays for keeps rather than just playing if you know what I mean."

Lied Nova

Speeding Hawk
?Years Young
20 Posts

Thermals and air currents ruffled through her feathers, and her tail as she flew through the air. Momentarily she lost herself in this feeling of flying this joy she always had felt. Fortunately, she was able to regain control over herself and focused on the task at hand. She looked down and when she noticed how far she was, she backtracked and retraced things back from her Nightclub. Ah, there! She spotted the Cajun almost immediately, and there was her man. She could see him moving then she saw him abandon all pretence of stealth. This had the effect of surprising her a great deal, after all, she was certain he wanted to hunt this guy as part of his game. He was saying something to the Cajun which caused her to become curious.

Lied turned back once more, when she moved too far ahead, and this time, she tilted herself downwards and focused on landing behind Gambit. Her talons crushed some cans and cardboard beneath her form’s feet. To anyone else, but of course Maxwell, and possibly the fearless her form, that of a giant human-sized Falcon and the huge beak and talons logically one would be afraid.

Lied glanced towards Maxwell, seeing him speak with Gambit, she had arrived when he began speaking the last part. She gave a questioning look o the two since the form didn’t allow for human speech. Weren’t they going to continue? Her talon claw tapped on the hard concrete as she shifted the weight from one side. For now, she observed, ready to move when they did, ready to fight when it commenced.

Her tail twitched a little, due to the movement, ad the breeze that blew on by, her feathers were ruffled of course but she ignored this. It took a great deal of control and focus so that she didn’t attack quite yet, she wanted to see him use his powers, after all, it wouldn’t do to attack him so suddenly and kill him before he could even do so.

Remy LeBeau

Gambit
?Years Young
8 Posts

Red-on-black, unique, and now very much narrowed and piercing as he kept an eye on the two mutants flanking him. The presence of a giant raptor had certainly made him look twice yet with only the initial amount of shock since there were many different variations of the X-Gene out there. In the Thieves Guild alone, he could name at least three he knew of well that could transform in similar ways. Still, she was definitely a sight to behold and if he wasn't concerned they were singling him out for execution he'd have commented on how beautiful in bird form she truly was.

The other guy, however, with the teeth and the attempt at reassuring him they weren't there to do him any harm, he was not the type of feral Remy ever cared to have another encounter with. All the animal-based mutants he'd come across in his lifetime tended to be highly aggressive, territorial and almost impossible to reason with. Well, except for one, the Cajun having fond memories of a friend he'd meant quite some time ago now. He'd been tough, a stand out among his kind. Most likely because the Wolverine had been alive for decades, allowing him more time to better control that instinct he'd been born with.

"You're right, Mon'ami, I don't believe you. Gambit be usin' that there same ploy to trick others in the past." He then motioned to Lied tapping her talon impatiently, "And, it seems your femme there be keen to start what you've been sent here for."

Even while he was talking, Gambit was double-checking surroundings he'd already taken stock of, formulating any nearby escape plans and deciding upon what he could use as obstacles to slow his pursuers down. Along with the cards in his hand, he could kinetically charge any of the bins, crates, rubbish and other discarded junk around them, most likely drawing yet more attention his way. Or, he could side flip, using the charged end of his bo-staff to give him the boost he needed to reach the lowest section of the fire escape opposite where the Falcon was standing.

He chose the latter, turning, twisting, seemingly floating through the air and landing on the grated surface with ease. "Gambit not be ready to die today," he said, before very quickly ascending the stairs the old fashioned way.