Gambit's Deck of Cards

Started by ShaaliRMS at Mar 28, 2020 6:32 AM
17 Posts

Lylithix

?Years Young
39 Posts

I've had some thoughts for Logan and Remy meeting and I was thinking that maybe it happened perhaps 10 to 12 years ago, when Remy would be around 20 and Logan just in his early days of starting to uncover his past, around when he's starting to look into Weapon X and trying to get information any place that he can find. I'm thinking the Thieve's Guild could definitely be one such group he'd be looking to see if they could help him if he's aware of them.

Broadly go with similar to in the movie, Remy being someone he goes to get information on and there's some misunderstanding and then they both run into Creed. Perhaps also encountering other members of Weapon X along the way, maybe John Wraith, Maverick, or Lady Deathstrike though ultimately Logan doesn't get the answers he's looking for until later (X2), he and Remy owe each other, probably each saved the others life once or twice, and Stryker gets away.

Logan would remember Remy at least by scent, recognising he's someone he would consider trustworthy and probably a friend though is somewhat hazy on his memory of him.

Mariana

41Years Young
40 Posts

I agree that something major may happen to Remy in the story at some point, but not involving Sinister or experimentation in any way. There are many possibilities. We can think of something when you want this to happen.

Nick Fury: Now that it exists, feel free to hit his ICM!!!!

The White Queen: I agree if you prefer that way.

Belladonna: I thought you'd like this. I saw this option while taking a look at some of her backstory. Fits all the bills.

Sophie: I really like the idea of Sophie being a runaway and while trying to steal food to eat, her powers manifest and it is a mess. Remy sees it, helps her get away from the site and then takes her to the Guild shelter where he visits her sometimes to help with her powers as they are so similar to his. I guess he'll take her with him once he goes away, right?

Wow!!!! A small post!!!!!! Am I learning? Probably just a coincidence... LOL.

ShaaliRMS

41Years Young
81 Posts

Mark

I actually watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine recently and was thinking we could keep the fact Remy escaped Stryker's facility at some point. Doesn't really affect him other than I'd have then left him open to having briefly met some other mutants, Canon and OC, in their younger years while he was there as well. I don't think they mentioned exactly how long it was before he escaped but I'm going to go with the fact he used his charm on one or more of the women involved with the facility and they thus couldn't resist helping him. Would mean the glimpse of Gambit's name on the computer in X2 still stands too.

Just have to work out if any of the events before and after that would work for both Remy and Logan too. I have to admit I did like that movie, just not the way they brought in Deadpool (can easily say that was Stryker's attempt at a lame clone anyway. What do you think? Would be a lot easier working around the events of the movie, rather than trying to come up with an entire new encounter but I'm happy to work with you either way.

Remy's bio will be done later on after Shaali and Shaw, so we have plenty of time to sort things out

Mariana

41Years Young
40 Posts

I was thinking about Kinesia lately. Do you think Remy would choose it for her or would she give it to herself? I'm also inclined to the runaway idea which he finds by accident after she gets into trouble after stealing food.

Any more ideas for those two or the others?

Heidi

?Years Young
87 Posts

Ah the Cajun, never really had a chance to write with him before. Would love to make some character connections, but it's all about who/when/how. Let's see where we go ...

Amp: Due to the fairy's wandering nature, long age and friendly demeanor. I'm thinking it would be possible for the two to have already met. Whether that was when Gambit was a a child, teenager or more recently all are possibilities depending on your interest.

Booker: I'm going to talk to Sophie's player about these two being connected while in the hospital, if that's a route Sophie's entrance is going to take. Remy could rescue the both of them, but for one reason or another he ends up going to Xavier's. Or maybe he never makes it to Professor X and instead follows Sophie to the Guild? To Be Continued with Mariana.

Ireland: If the Guild of Thieves need someone to sell their 'goods' or smuggle something from point A to point B, Ireland could be one of their resources. She could even be someone who brings them business, should she need help acquiring something a client needs. She doesn't steal things herself, she sells, transports and puts together certificates of authenticity. Let me know if you're interested. If you are we can determine if they have an existing partnership or if this is something new.

Rogue: I know you're going freestyle with Remy, and having their paths cross could be predictable. However I don't want to write off these two connecting in some way. Definitely not a per-existing connection, but perhaps something will come to mind that could be fun? I'm open to ideas, maybe we don't plan anything out and just see how a thread with them in it goes?

ShaaliRMS

41Years Young
81 Posts

Heidi

• Amp - Being on the streets a lot in New Orleans thieving as a child/teenager for the Guild would've seen him out and about on many occasion so them having met then is a possibility. Heck, he could even have thought he was dreaming it all. Lol. The other option would be more recently so that she instantly remembers him when he eventually comes to the Xavier mansion. He's currently travelling a lot, particularly between New Orleans and New York City so, any thoughts as to where they may have met? Any plausible reason she could join 'Priority Changes'?
  • Booker - Sounds excellent. As mentioned, Remy will end up at Xavier's eventually but it will be fun to have more reason to write some threads set in New Orleans for a little while too.
  • Ireland - I think it's a given the Guild would use her services and anyone 'working' for them would have strictly at least met and been checked out by the Gambit himself. Brief encounter or more extensive one is up to you.
  • Rogue - These two are definitely going to eventually meet but, yes, I'm playing Remy with no romantic connections this time. He'll want to get to know Rogue the moment he sees her let alone hears her accent similar to his because my Gambit is still very much a ladies. Again, we'll see if she chooses to put up with his charming ways, and, honestly, Heidi, if these two do end up connecting deeply in the course of writing, so be it ^^

Heidi

?Years Young
87 Posts

• Amp - I could totally have her pop into 'Priority Changes". No one can keep the fairy from roaming! I can have her out on her own, or just a couple blocks away from another existing connection. I can play that by ear depending on who else ends up joining the thread.  Amp has a super soft spot for kids, especially the lost ones. She could have connected with Remy a few times when he was young, and then more recently, which is when he realizes she wasn't something he had made-up. Let me know if you want to do an earlier thread covering their recent meet-up, or if you just want to wing it during the 'Priority Changes' thread. I'm pretty flexible when it comes to the pixy, and her character type is pretty predictable for other players.
  • Booker - Ok, so we'll set some threads up after the breakout.
  • Ireland - Ireland would always keep their interactions professional. Saying just enough to be polite when it comes to idol chit-chat, and would be very adamant that the work she did and the work he did be on a need to know basis only. Enough info to get the job done and nothing more. Knowing too much is dangerous for all parties.
  • Rogue - As it's sung so beautifully in Frozen 2 .. INTO THE UNKNOWN with these two, lol. We'll wait and see what happens. Let me know if a thread comes to mind.