My Passion Is Writing uses a voluntary rating system based on the RPG Rating System.
- Although infrequent mild swearing is permitted at MPIW we strongly encourage the use of descriptive word sentences rather than swearing in actual dialogue. Excessive foul language or sexually explicit profanity is strictly prohibited.
- Mild sexual innuendo and references are permitted. In fact, romance and genuine relationship growth is encouraged. However, this RPG is not about writing smut or porn. When the clothes start coming off, it is time to fade to black! We are all adults and know how Tab A fits into Slot B, we do not need it written out in detail. Let the readers imagine what comes next. If you cannot survive without writing detailed sexual or NSFW content, contact your writing partner and take it off-site. Simply put, writers with their minds always in the gutter need to find another site.
- Mild violence is permitted. Confrontations can be written without all the gory details. Stories can be told without describing every little effect say, for example, telekinesis is capable of causing when used against a person on a molecular level. A knife goes in, it hurts. We get it. A bullet is capable of killing. Got it. There is no need to go into every graphic detail.
Code Of Conduct
My Passion Is Writing expects all of the members of the site to conduct themselves in a mature fashion and with respect for the other members and admin. If you run into issues, please contact the other players involved and resolve it in private. Assume that all rules come with a zero-tolerance policy. Bullying or harassing other members of the RPG will result in immediate dismissal. All out-of-character disagreements and issues will be handled BTS (behind-the-scenes). Airing your grievances on the board will not be tolerated. If you feel the admin should be involved, please contact Mana, Mark, or Mariana via PM to discuss privately.
It is impossible to cover all situations and issues that might arise in the course of game-play. Therefore, matters may occur that are not explicitly covered here. The game managers reserve the right to address these things as the need arises.
Please note carefully, if you are joining with the aim to constantly cause drama for other players via either your character or yourself, stop now and go somewhere else.
Writers agree that they will not willfully and purposefully participate in bad roleplaying. This includes, but is not limited to power-play, godmodding, and metagaming. Admins and Assistant Admins reserve the right to mod other writers’ characters should it become necessary in order to move the game past a stalled tag or scene.
For definitions of the terms above, please see the Roleplay Dictionary at the Forum Roleplay website. Note: Not all of the terms contained in the dictionary apply to this group.
MPIW welcomes in-character drama in all of our plots. We prefer seeing a balance of drama, humour, romance, and contention. We strongly recommend OOC discussions when planning major character drama. The following guidelines are to keep the players and admin staff on the same page.
Character Death: You may not kill anyone else’s character without permission from the player. If the member has left the game, you will have to get the admin's permission to kill off the character.
Character Contention: You should discuss character contention with the other player(s) involved and notify Admin also. You do not have to provide details, just let everyone know that the contention has been planned. This rule might seem superfluous. However, it is designed to keep OOC drama from spilling over onto the board.
In-Character Actions Have In-Character Consequences! If your character is seriously wounded on Tuesday unless their powers include self-healing or there is a character with healing powers in the vicinity he or she will not be training in the Danger Room on Wednesday. This goes for almost all in-character overt actions and words. Other writers are not required to have their characters react as you think they should.
My Passion Is Writing will always try to keep our RPG Requirements as minimal as possible. However, to keep the game flowing, we do have a few basic requirements to be aware of.
- We do not require activity checks. However, if a member makes zero effort to post or engage in the RPG and does not have an official LOA/ELOA posted, their accounts will be moved to Inactive after 30 days. After 90 days, it will be deleted.
- We do not have a minimum word requirement on IC posts. We do ask that you make substantial posts that move the plot forward. They should allow for a good response from your writing partner(s).
- Joint scenes (aka joint posts or JPs) can become very long very quickly as each writer adds to them. Please break your JPs up into 1,000-1,500 word posts. This keeps each segment at a very readable length leaving us all wanting more!
- We have no set limits for the number of characters each member may create and play. However, we do suggest that all new ones to the RP get their first character approved and into play before creating more.