Shrapnel's Plotting

Started by Michelle at Mar 23, 2020 7:32 AM
3 Posts

Michelle

?Years Young
61 Posts

Introduction

So much like how Shaali was a re-imagined Blade Girl, Shrapnel is basically the same character as the old site, with one bit of change. Due in part to her adoptive military father not being played, I needed Crystal to have a family, and I was very pleased to hear that Mana has agreed to let her Shaali be Crystal’s mother through every imaginable legal way possible in regards to adoption. Also, what’s different is that she was born Australian, not American, which I am fine with since that was one of the only possible ways for the two to have met I believe. However, Mana, and to everyone, specifically those from Australia I apologize if I get the words in pronunciations wrong, I do hope I do not bring offence during my attempt at portraying her properly.

Her Story

So as a much younger girl, Crystal became a mutant much earlier than was usual and as a result, her abandon-loving deadbeat parents had chosen to kick her out in the angriest and negative way possible, forcing their really sweet daughter out to fend for themselves. Fortunately, thanks to a person mistaking her for a Dog, since they only saw a part of her leg, they called the Animal rescue, that very, fortunately, her guardian angel owned and managed.

Said guardian angel, Shaali Evans discovered the ‘animal’ and she saw it was clearly a hungry little girl, who was afraid of her. Fortunately, she was able to help her, and Crystal was taken back to her new home where she was given some special food, and this hero, added her to her family, and she got an Uncle and a grandmother in the deal too, she found all three loved her unconditionally, and for the first time she felt safe there. She also received some guidance from her Mother and Uncle in how to control her new powers. [Mana is this last part ok with you?]

Eventually, when Shaali and her Uncle Pyro discovered Xavier’s School, they went to America, and Crystal stayed with her grandmother, and then took a plane ride with her to America, to see the school and met new and very nice people, especially someone that was clearly a Fairy by the very definition of the world.

Family

• Shaali Evans [Mother through legal Adoption]
  • John Allerdyce [ Uncle The world’s greatest Uncle Ever!]
  • Nicky Evans [Grandmother]

Considered Part of Her Family

• Erisade [little Unicorn, Illusion created by Deirdre]

Friends

• Amp
  • Leucrotta
  • Deirdre
  • Storm

Current Threads

• She, like many Xavier inhabitants, is in A Long-Awaited New Arrival
  • She is also in the thread where Pyro’s Motorcycle has arrived
  • Mum and Crystal

ShaaliRMS

41Years Young
81 Posts

Hey Michelle,

First off, thank you so much for your patience waiting for me to finally get things started here. We've already touched on how Shrapnel came to be in Shaali's care. I just wanted to double-check with you if there is anything you wanted to add to this part of her story yourself or are you happy for me to go ahead and write it out in detail in Shaali's bio, which you can then make the additions to Crystal's later on? Let me know.

Because both Pyro and Shaali are my main two characters I intend to get Sha's history finished up next. I have a lot of connections to make clear so if there is anything else about Crystal you wish for me to add then, by all means, go ahead and let me know here.

My other main concern is in her bio you've mentioned Shrapnel is deathly scared of electricity. Considering this is what Shaali's powers are based on I'm wondering if Crystal is perhaps getting over that fear now, maybe at least with Shaali? Or, perhaps her Mum is helping her get over it completely? I can so picture her trying to show her daughter that, as long as she is sensible and careful around it, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Speaking of flashback thread options, did you wish to write out Shaali finding Crystal at all? This was/is a big part of her history this time around after all. I'd be happy to do so if you would. Could actually be where we address the fact she learns her rescuer is actually an electrokinetic too.

Other than that, I was just thinking of having her a part of a Danger Room thread with Pyro and Shaali at some point. It'd give us a chance to show how well they all work together as well as just plain having fun too.

That's it for now. Looking forward to seeing what you think and any other ideas you might have too.

Mana

Michelle

?Years Young
61 Posts

Hiya!

Early on, I’ve discovered that patience is a virtue in some circumstances. Waiting for people to write is one of those circumstances that are worth it. This is my opinion, of course, but might not be another’s I don’t know.

I’m gonna talk about her fear first, because originally what I like doing is when I have an elemental based mutant, I like adding weaknesses, whether or not it’s some kind of allergy or in Crystal’s case fear of the element that could do something. Fire can hurt people, burn plants and heat water so that the water evaporates, but water can extinguish fire. Electricity can add itself to water to make water attacks stronger and can be attracted to metal. So for someone like Crystal, she knows her body is covered in metal, leaving her insides vulnerable if a strong enough electrical current would touch her.

I think it's likely she isn’t sure whether a weak current would do the same to her as a strong one would. With Shaali, she knows now that she can manipulate electricity, but there’s something else she knows that there’s no way, no possible reason, that an idea would enter Shaali’s head that using her powers on Crystal would be a good idea, now she has about 3 in a half years possibly to learn this and know this. So I would be fine with Shaali at least that she’s not so afraid of the electricity she can manipulate since it will never be used to hurt her, and a billion times more used to defend her, either against electricity or a bad person.

I think being the nice woman that she is, that it’s possible that she’s helping her, and continue doing so to help her slowly get rid of her fear. It’s possible she’ll jump when a lightning strike or she sees a spark suddenly happen. As I said though she has had years to learn and know this, so when you do work on her history, it’s possible that either she could be found in an alley, or somewhere where its dark meaning Shaali might need to use her powers to make light or to prove she’s a mutant, Crystal would likely be frightened of the electricity. This might make things harder for her, but in the end, we know of course she’s successful.

Your flashback thread is interesting to be sure, in terms of Shaali finding her and we go from there, but I’m not as willing to do it since the abandoning part would be dramatic. As would her fearful parts.

Oh, I do like the idea you have about her being in the Danger Room with those two, I think it’s highly possible that Shaali and or Pyro would tell her about it, but that since it is meant to be training and thus could be dangerous she’ll need to be with people, and Shaali and Pyro are two of the three people she has absolutely high trust in a great deal, so it’s possible she’ll be willing to walk in with them.